Toy Story Toons: Pixar Short Video Guide to Hawaiian Vacation | Questions | Worksheet | Google (2011)
Toy Story Toons: Pixar Short Video Guide to Hawaiian Vacation | Questions | Worksheet | Google (2011) challenges students to analyze this 6-minute Pixar animation. Have students use their imaginations and describe their perfect winter vacation. Discuss the theme and the lessons that can be learned from it. Finally, have students rate how the toys represented the bird and fish of the state of Hawaii.
This resource consists of 6 high-level, short-answer, essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student film guide, printable PDF version (2 pages)
- A student film guide, PDF version to be completed digitally (2 pages)
- An answer key is included with this video guide, but many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the dialogue and the behavior of the characters. See the preview for examples.
- A Google Slides version of the movie guide
- CCSS alignment indicating met standards, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I took the liberty of aligning some reading standards with the act of consuming content through film instead. Although the students do not read, they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content they consumed from the film.
Tips for distance learning:
Distribute the digital PDF file or the google form version to each student
Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
Pause the film for each question to give students time to write / discuss
Is this movie guide worth it?
Is this movie guide worth it? Download two of my movie guides for free below:
Your comments, ratings, likes and followings are appreciated:
* Pinterest – TeacherTravis
* Instagram – Teachers Travis
* Facebook – K12MovieGuides
* Twitter – K12MovieGuides
* Blog and Website – K12MovieGuides
It’s good to leave comments.
Something went wrong. Thank you try later.
This resource has not yet been reviewed
To ensure the quality of our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can rate it
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and contact you.