Items, where to buy, prices and more details explored
Disney just released its first Pride Collection to celebrate Pride Month 2022, which begins today, June 1, 2022. The merch, dubbed the Pride Collection, marks the first time the label has openly marketed themed merch. of the Rainbow, which is solely dedicated to the LGBTQIA+ community.
The collection launched on the brand’s official e-commerce site on June 1, 2022 and includes t-shirts, bags, caps, crews, button-ups, shorts, plushies, icon pins, mugs, blankets, etc.
Learn more about the new Disney Pride collection
After months of criticism for Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, the company has officially announced its position on inclusive societies and the LGTBQIA+ community. In a press release issued by the label, the company introduced the collection,
“The Disney Pride Collection was created by LGBTQIA+ employees and allies of The Walt Disney Company and reflects their incredible contributions and their place at the heart of the company. We stand in solidarity with our LGBTQIA+ community everywhere.”
That’s not all; Senior Vice President of Global Marketing Lisa Becket also introduced the collection in a press release stating that she herself is part of the LGBTQIA+ community,
“Honoring Pride is a longstanding tradition of The Walt Disney Company, and I’m incredibly proud to work for a company that supports inclusion as a core value and provides a welcoming environment that allows me to bring my true self authentic at work. a member of the LGBTQIA+ community and a longtime Disney cast member (over 20 years!), I greatly appreciate the constant opportunity for my voice to be heard.”
Lisa Becket then spoke about the label’s involvement and support for the community and its other projects promoting inclusivity. She revealed that the brand has supported organizations and charities around the world, including the American organization GLSEN.
This isn’t the first time the company has introduced a cause-inspired collection. In 2018, the company launched Rainbow Mickey Collection, which is inspired by the community but not openly marketed. However, the company has further deepened its support for the cause with the collection.
Lisa Becket further revealed that the company will not stop when the Pride collection is released in June, but will continue throughout the year to make an impact. The Pride Collection, launching June 1, 2022, is just the first drop of the initiative, with more drops to be launched soon.
In the label’s official press release, the company revealed that through the fundraiser, all benefits would go to LGBTQIA+ organizations, including PFLAG, GLSEN, Zebra Coalition, The Trevor Project, LGTBQ Center Orange County, Los Angeles LGBT Center. , Ali Forney Center and LGBT Center of San Francisco.
“The Walt Disney Company will donate all of our proceeds from Disney Pride Collection sales through June 30, 2022 to organizations that support LGBTQIA+ youth and families. This includes sales from Pixar, Marvel and star wars Merchandise from the Pride collection.”
Proceeds from other parts of the world will also be donated to local charities.
The Pride Collection merchandise collection includes Star Wars badges, Marvel Super Heroes and the iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse and his ears in a color scheme reminiscent of the general Pride flag.
The collection includes,
- Mickey Mouse denim backpack, which retails for $39.99
- Mickey Mouse Loungefly Mini Backpack, which costs $75.
- Star Wars Pride Collection baseball cap for adults, retails for $29.99
- Star Wars Pride Collection Rebel Alliance Prin, which costs $17.99
- Mickey Mouse Loungefly wristband, which sells for $40.
- Marvel Pride Collection Icons Pin Set, which costs $17.99. The Icons pin set is included in the collectible and is only a limited release.
- Marvel Pride Collection t-shirt for adults, which costs $29.99
- Mickey Mouse woven shirt for adults, priced at $59.99
- Pixar Pride Collection sweatshirt for adults, which costs $49.99
- Pixar Pride Collection Shorts for adults, which costs $36.99
- Pride Collection Stitch Plush, which sells for $29.99
- Pride Collection Collectible Key, which retails for $12.99. The key is part of the collector’s item and is a special edition.
- Mickey Mouse Sling Bag, which sells for $29.99.
- Mickey Mouse Icon Pin, which costs $12.99. The icon pin is part of the Uniquely Disney element.
- Rainbow Mickey Mouse throw, which costs $39.99.
Likewise, the Pride Collection features a collection of 34 items, with more coming soon.
The Pride collection is just one of the ways the label has shown its support for the LGBTQ+ community, with more surprises coming in June. Theme parks and resorts will also bring surprises to commemorate the month.
Art exhibits, festive decor, PhotoPass service, themed food and other offerings will also highlight June Pride Month 2022. To enjoy the collection, one can visit of official electronic commerce of the label.