Here’s all you need to know
Okay, so you wished for many, many stars with your eyes closed and fingers crossed. It worked! Disney + is coming to Hong Kong. All 1200 titles. November 16!
Mercury may still be in retrograde –– huge oof to Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp –– but it looks like dreams are coming true. If you missed previous news of the streaming platform’s impending arrival, it’s set for November 16. Write it down. Discover now all the programs to add to your favorites before your eventual subscription.
So you already know that a subscription will give you access to all the programs and films of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star content – which Disney + calls “general entertainment” from ABC, 21st Century Fox and ESPN. (Similar to those streamed on Hulu) subset. But it will also include exclusive and highly anticipated Disney + Originals.
Here’s a full list:
Original and remakes of timeless Disney favorites – Maleficent, The little Mermaid, The beauty and the Beast – and all new versions, including Cruel.
- Jungle Cruise (Coming in November)
- The Mysterious Benedict Society (based on the books by Trenton Lee Stewart)
- The Beatles (directed by Peter Jackson)
- Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles (Film concert with Billie Eilish singing her own album with the Los Angeles Harmonic)
- Home Sweet Home Alone (Remake of the original film)
Live Action Remakes:
- the Lady and the Tramp
- Pinocchio (with Tom Hanks)
- Peter Pan and Wendy (with Jude Law as Captain Hook)
- Disenchanted (a continuation of delighted, also with Amy Adams)
- Chip n Dale Park Life (with Donald Duck and Pluto cameos)
- Olaf presents
- Baymax: the series
- Zootopia +
Also including the extended Marvel Universe feature films.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Hawkeye (Premiere exclusively November 24)
- What if… (New animated series that explores the alternate endings of stories you already know)
- Ms. Marvel
- Moon knight
Classic Pixar originals like coco, Upside down, Wall-E, The world of Nemo and Toy story and short films like the Oscars Bao all present!
Spin off :
Short animated series:
- Forky asks a question
- Pixar Popcorn (Mini shorts featuring Pixar characters from the animators at Pixar Animation Studios.
- SparkShorts (Imaginative Stories from the Pixar Team)
- Inside Pixar
- Win or lose
- Ciao Alberto (Short continuation of Luca (2021))
- Cars: the series
From Star Wars:
All nine films of the Star wars trilogies from 1977 to 2021, as well as recent spinoffs.
- The bad lot
- Lego Star Wars: Terrifying Tales
- Star Wars Visions
- The Book of Boba Fest (A spinoff series that has continued since the end of The Mandalorian Season 2, premiering in December)
From National Geographic:
Over 1,600 episodes of feature films and superb documentaries, including the Oscar-winning film Free solo.
- Limitless with Chris Hemsworth
- Secret of the Whales (directed by James Cameron)
- Welcome to Earth (with Will Smith, premiering in December)
From the star:
These are blockbuster hits and TV shows you already know and love, and won’t mind revisiting and watching again: Avatar, dead Pool, the 32 seasons of The simpsons. Stream anything from comedies to dramas to thrillers, including the final final season of The walking dead. Also, a lot of Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Korean films.
- Harlem Godfather
- Love, Victor
- Exclusive regional content and original content
The subscription plans will start at a reasonable price of HK $ 72 per month and HK $ 738 per year. Schedules will vary depending on your location and can be shared across 10 screens with seven profiles, including a new “Group Watch” feature that will host viewing evenings with all profiles included under the same subscription. Disney + will be compatible with all shapes and sizes of Smart TV screens, tablets and game consoles, streaming in 4K high definition.
It’ll be the best treat for someone special (like you!) In the meantime, transform the living rooms into the most comfortable den you’ve ever seen. Plump sofa pillow, surround system set and piles and piles of microwave popcorn. You’re gonna be stuck here for a while …
Disney Plus Hong Kong arrives November 16. Sign up for updates here.