DreamWorks TV – Production Coordinator at NBCUniversal, LLC
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who aim for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to achieve their dreams. As a growth-oriented studio, we’re proud to be one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality, award-winning animated films and series, reaching consumers around the world. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse range of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We highly value the experiences our talents bring to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators and creators who are passionate about animation and also enjoy having lunch together.
At DreamWorks Animation Television, the Production Coordinator helps the Production Supervisor and/or Production Manager maintain quotas and deadlines and ensure that department productivity goals are consistently met on a CG production.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Production Coordinator to join their team based in Glendale, CA.
If you’re part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
Responsibilities: “What would you say you are doing here?” »
- Coordinates shipment of episodic material to partner studios and ensures work is accurately tagged and categorized
- Ventilation scenarios at different stages (outline, 1st draft, 2nd draft) to determine the complexity of assigned episodes
- Manages daily tracking of episodic status in the production database
- Has an understanding of CG asset creation procedures
- Communicates effectively with artists regarding deadlines
- Conducts and/or takes notes during storyboard reviews, animatic reviews, editorial sessions, etc. – and distributes information to producers and executives as needed
- Works with partner studios to provide support and maintain the assigned episode schedule
- Maintains daily release information from the CG department for assigned episodes
- Facilitate communication with partner studios by answering questions and coordinating the delivery of materials in a timely manner
- Conduct daily check-ins with production members, artists, and supervisors to determine the status of work on the show
- Keeps abreast of issues in the field, anticipates potential issues and relays information to Prod Sup and/or Production Manager
- Respond to all production-related communications in a timely manner as well as gather and distribute production materials
- Before materials are sent to partner studios, oversee the quality control process, such as CG assets, design model packs, and all reference materials
- Manages the workload and priorities of a production assistant and/or an intern
- Basic knowledge of CG asset terminology i.e. modeling, UV, rigging, textures, lighting and special effects
- Learns the necessary computer programs and the network directory system
- Coordinate CG asset archiving activities
- Support for one-off projects
Basic qualifications: “What do I need to do this job? »
• Software requirements: Microsoft Word and Excel, Google docs, Gmail and knowledge of production tracking databases (Shotgrid)
• Knowledge of Photoshop required
• Ability to work with partner studios
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment
Desired qualifications: “What can I offer? »
• Minimum 2 years of experience in television animation production required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artists and innovators of DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come to life on the big and small screens. From movies like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series like Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to view our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our employees. It is our passion and commitment to excellence that drives the success of NBCU’s extensive portfolio of brands. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms to movies, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we’re proud of everything we do and everything we stand for. . This is what makes NBCU unique to us. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a leading motion picture company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class theme parks and ad-supported premium service. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for inclusion for all. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities in which we live, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and our impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service membership, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.