Details – Mickey’s PhilharMagic reopens with a new scene from Disney-Pixar’s “Coco”
To celebrate the 66th anniversary of Disneyland we stopped by the resort to see the update Mickey’s Philharmonic at Disney California Adventure, which now features a scene based on that of Disney-Pixar coco.
- Alex was able to experience Mickey’s PhilharMagic reopened with the new scene based on coco today.
- The scene appears between the Lion King and Peter Pan segments of the show. It goes from The Lion King in a concern, signifying the beginning of the coco scene.
- From there, the camera heads to the City of the Dead, where Miguel and Hector are at the back of a Skyway cable car singing “Un Poco Loco” and follows them down to ground level.
- Pepita and Dante as alebrije fly into the shot and Donald is pushed onto Pepita’s back. He seems confused as to how he got there.
- The hat ends up in Dante’s mouth and he chases Donald. Donald climbs onto his back and Dante flies him into the clouds.
- We then cut at Peter Pan sequence and Donald and the hat fall on the clock face of Big Ben where Peter Pan and Tinker Bell just landed.
- Aside from the show itself, the Cast Members carry a concern (as seen above) to signify the new addition to the show.
Learn more about the Mickey’s PhilharMagic update:
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic reopened to guests today at Disney California Adventure with the addition of a new scene inspired by Disney and Pixar coco.
- The new stage has also been added to the Disneyland Paris attraction starting today July 17th.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the new scene with Walt Disney Imagineering’s Tom Fitzgerald, Pixar’s Roger Gould and Tasha Sounart, and one of Coco’s original composers, Germaine Franco.
- the Disneyland resort Today is celebrating its 66th anniversary with special offers and entertainment that customers can enjoy. You can read everything about this topic here.
- The new scene will be added to Magic kingdom at Walt disney world Resort later this year at the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration.
You can see what Disneyland looked like today for the park’s 66th anniversary in our walk and live chat: