Best Christmas Movies to Watch on Netflix, Disney Plus, and Hulu; Check the full list
Christmas films are now shown in large numbers all over the world. All streaming services offer a range of vacation movies. Here are some of the best movies from Netflix, Disney plus, and Hulu.
Christmas Movies on Netflix:
A Californian Christmas
- Lauren Swickard, Josh Swickard and Amanda Detmer star in California Christmas, a 2020 Christmas film directed by Shaun Paul Piccinino and written by Lauren Swickard. A California Christmas: City Lights, a sequel, was released on December 16, 2021. A wealthy charmer poses as a ranch to persuade a farmer to sell his family’s land before Christmas.
- Holidate is a romantic comedy film directed by John Whitesell and written by Tiffany Paulsen which was released in 2020. Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey, Jake Manley, Jessica Capshaw, Andrew Bachelor, Frances Fisher, Manish Dayal and Kristin Chenoweth are cast. . . Tired of being alone on vacation, two strangers agree to be each other’s most platonic all year round, only to develop real affections for each other along the way.
A boy called Christmas
- A Boy Called Christmas is a British Christmas fantasy film directed by Gil Kenan in 2021, based on the 2015 book of the same name by Matt Haig and based on a screenplay by Ol Parker and Kenan. The film is a ‘Sky Original’ in the UK, and it can be shown on Sky Cinema and broadcast on the Sky NOW streaming service. A child goes on an expedition to find his father, in search of the famous village of Elfhelm, in this origin story of Santa Claus.
Christmas Movies on Disney Plus
Frozen 1 (2013) and 2 (2019)
- Frozen is a 2013 computer animated fantasy musical film released by Walt Disney Pictures and produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. Frozen is Disney’s 53rd animated feature film, and it is based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. The image follows a princess on a quest to find her distant sister, whose icy powers mistakenly locked their kingdom into an endless winter, accompanied by an Ice Man, his reindeer, and a snowman.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a 2005 fantasy film co-written and directed by Andrew Adamson, based on CS Lewis’ epic children’s fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia, and based on the 1950 novel The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the first published novel and the second chronological novel in CS Lewis’ epic children’s fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia. Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, four young Britons evacuated to the countryside during the Blitz, discover a wardrobe that connects to the imaginary kingdom of Narnia, played by William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Skandar Keynes and Georgie Henley. They join the lion Aslan to fight Jadis, the soldiers of the White Witch.
Home Alone (1990)
- Home Alone is a comedy film directed by Chris Columbus and written and produced by John Hughes which was released in 1990. Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, John Heard and Catherine O’Hara star in the first installment of the Home Alone franchise. After his family abandons him during their Christmas vacation in Paris, Culkin plays Kevin McCallister, a young boy who protects his Chicago home from thieves.
Christmas Movies on Hulu:
- Nancy Meyers wrote, produced and directed The Holiday, a romantic comedy released in 2006. To avoid heartbreak over the Christmas and holiday season, two loving women on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean organize a house swap.
No sleep until Christmas
- Lizzie, an engaged woman, meets Billy, a bartender with a similar problem, during an incident. Lizzie acknowledges that it may be more important than she would like to admit when they find out that they can only fall asleep next to each other.
The man who invented Christmas
Bharat Nalluri directed and Susan Coyne wrote The Man Who Invented Christmas, a 2017 Christmas biographical comedy drama film. The joint Irish-Canadian production stars Dan Stevens, Christopher Plummer and Jonathan Pryce and is based on the book by same name published in 2008 by Les Standiford on Charles Dickens. He follows Dickens (Stevens) as he designs and creates his 1843 short story A Christmas Carol.
Image: Unsplash / Pixabay
Get the latest entertainment news from India and around the world. Now follow your favorite TV celebrities and TV updates. Republic World is your one stop destination for trends Bollywood News. Log in today to stay up to date with all the latest news and headlines from the entertainment world.