826 Valencia: Virtual: Xperiential Story with Pixar (ages 13-18)
A ten week workshop
Kendra Lappin and Pixar Guest Artists
Open to 12 students, aged 13 to 18
Tuesdays and Thursdays, from September 27 to December 1 (no program on 11/21 and 11/24)
5:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
XPERENTIAL is a ten-week storytelling program that includes weekly live online workshops with Pixar guest artists, peer feedback on submissions, and culminates with the presentation of participants’ final story reels. You will follow the same process as Pixar storytellers to develop your own short film. Plus, you own what you create!
This program allows participants to:
● Develop storytelling skills and confidence within a rich and creative community
● Learn about Pixar’s storytelling process and learn about career paths
● Create a unique story with lessons guided by industry experts
● Keep improving your story throughout the program with weekly feedback from your peers
● Hone 21st century skills: communication, collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving
● Gain exposure in an online exhibition and develop real-world filmmaking skills along the way
To express your interest in this workshop, fill out the following Google form: https://forms.gle/jxNa3M9zYmea9qHXA
After registration, staff will contact you to offer a place based on eligibility and availability in the program. Our workshops are open to everyone, but we prioritize SFUSD students with socio-economic needs and reserve spots for students enrolled in our other programs.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, from September 27 to December 1